Ping Pong Productions brings American and other international artists to universities, schools, and community centers located in more than 24 cities across China for workshops, discussions, performances, and other in-depth engagement. Our programs increase exposure to international arts and culture for China’s younger generations and future leaders. We partner with elite academic and cultural institutions, as well as community centers for underprivileged children and schools for children of migrant workers.
Artists including Alexander Bernstein, son of legendary composer Leonard Bernstein, Hall of Fame musician Cynthia Sayer, and American modern dance icon Mark Morris act as cultural ambassadors to deepen mutual understanding. PPP’s programs provide an opportunity for Chinese students to meet someone from another country, often for the first time, whilst giving international artists an opportunity to interact directly with China’s youth, hailing from cities as diverse as Guiyang and Shantou
In 2016, PPP launched its partner program in the U.S., bringing Chinese artists into schools and using arts and culture as tools to empower young Americans in global competencies and cross-cultural communication skills. For students who have not yet had an opportunity to visit China, Ping Pong brings China to you!
Ping Pong also partners with the education and community outreach departments of art galleries in Beijing, Hangzhou, and other cities. Galleries invite Ping Pong to curate performance series and festivals that highlight and explore the gallery’s exhibitions. We introduce local and international dance, theatre, film, and story-telling for free or low-cost community events, to encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to come into the gallery and engage with artists and art across genres.
- 3 New Zealand Artists, 2 cities, 8 days, more than 20 Chinese artists, organizations and events!
- September - October, 2016: Dance, Theatre, Music, Film in Hangzhou
- "Paris - New York - Paris" comes to Beijing!
- Performances and Story-Telling Workshops Across China
- "Lied Ballet" and "Tel Quel!" in Liuzhou, Kunming, Guangzhou, Shenzhen
- Son Alexander Bernstein brings to life songs and stories about his father
- Second American Theater Company ever to perform at China National Centre for the Performing Arts!
- Part of Ping Pong's Gallery Partnership Series
- 2011-12 Year of China at Brown