TAO Dance Theater 2016 World Tour
2016 brings TAO Dance Theater to 13 countries across Asia and Europe for 27 performances, including the UK premiere of Tao Ye's newest work "8" and the company's launch to new stages including in Portugal and the UAE!
From 2009-2016, Ping Pong developed and produced all of TAO's international touring and projects, including all tour and production management, as well as for numerous domestic projects and performances. Ping Pong secured all commissioning support from China and abroad for the co-commissioned works 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
The dance moved like a force of nature.
intense, repetitive, seriously hypnotic and completely attention-sucking… it’s both high concept and thrillingly simple, and proves Tao an outstanding new voice in international dance.
About the Artistic Director
Artistic Director Tao Ye is a graduate of the Chongqing Dance School in Chongqing, China.
After dancing with the Shanghai Army Song & Dance Ensemble, he joined Shanghai Jin Xing Dance Theater, and later moved to Beijing to join the Beijing Modern Dance Company (BMDC).
In March 2008, at only 22 years old, he founded TAO Dance Theater. Main works include his number series Weight x 3; 2; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8. In 2012 leading Asian style magazine Men's UNO awarded Tao Ye the 2012 Elegance Award, recognizing leaders in China’s culture and entertainment field. In 2013, The Beijing News awarded him the 2013 Innovator Award for Dance, and the 2015 Emerging Artist Award. In 2013 The Beijing News awarded him the 2013 Innovator Award for Dance. He is a 2012-14 Sadler’s Wells "New Wave Associates" artist.
- 9, 10 April: Onassis Cultural Centre Athens, Greece
- 15, 16 April: Théâtres de la Ville de Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- 21, 22 April: Dansens Hus Stockholm, Sweden
- 25 April: Abril Dança em Coimbra, Coimbra Portugal
- 29 April: Theatro Circo Braga, Portugal
- 14 May: Master Class for Macau dancers
- 15 May: Macau Arts Festival
- 2 September: Shanghai Culture Square
- Belgrade: Belgrade International Theatre Festival
- Germany: Staatenhaus Koln
- UK: London Sadler's Wells
- Spain: Mercat de les Flors, Barcelona
- Hungary: Trafó
- 12, 13 November: National Taichung Theater
- 16 November: Manarat Al Saadiyat, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 26, 27 November: Asia Culture Center Theater, Gwangju, Korea
April European Tour:
May Macau Premiere:
September Shanghai Return:
October-November European Tour:
November Asia Tour:
Photos by Fan Xi and Zhang Shengbin ©TAO Dance Theater