“Performing Arts Platform" Series
In 2014, Ping Pong Productions launched a collaboration with the Ullens Center for Contemporary Art (UCCA) in Beijing’s historic 798 Dashanzi Art District. Known as the Performing Arts Platform Series, we present a wide variety of performances, open rehearsals, workshops, masterclasses, seminars, and discussions with artists, critics and scholars. The series facilitates cross-genre and cross-cultural exploration at one of China’s most prestigious contemporary art spaces.
About the Program
Performing Arts Platform Series
In the inaugural year, events included contemporary dance workshops, a Cole Porter Broadway musical revue, theatre performances and workshops by Hollywood actors, American old-time music and square dancing, cross-cultural humor performances with Chinese xiang sheng and American stand-up comedy, and an HBO documentary film screening and Q&A with the director.
In 2015, the series continued with theater from Australia, more Sino-US improv comedy, as well as in-depth discussions with and performances by emerging Asian performing artists, further developing this exciting exchange platform, to bring China and the world together through the performing arts.
For more information visit the Series Website
For programming opportunities, contact: INFO@pingpongarts.org
Selected Past Events
- May 9, 2015 - Leonard Bernstein: His World Through His Music
- Apirl 11, 2015 - Act a Fool with Jesse Appell and Oh Yeah Comedy
- March 22, 2015 - The Multi-Cultural Compositions of Chow Jun Yi
- Nov 23, 2014 - Gideon's Army Special Screening and Q&A with Film Director Dawn Porter
- September 6, 2014 - Jesse Appell's Cross-Cultural "Humor Experiment"
- July 19, 2014 - Put Down the Phone and Do-Si-Do! American Old-time Music and Square Dancing
- June 14, 2014 - A Midsummer Night's Dream by The Actors' Gang
- May 18, 2014 - A Brief History of American Theater
- April 12, 2014 - The Magic of Cole Porter
- March 9, 2014 - ACCT Contemporary Dance Workshop for All